Tuesday, November 17, 2009

In Which I Meet a Fellow Traveller

I was able to convince a student at my school to read Feed, one of my favorite books that I've read in the past year or so. He took it home on Friday. Today I asked him if he had started (most of my students never read at home).

"I'm about 20 pages from the end," he said. He went on to explain that he really loved it, and we were able to talk about our favorite parts of the book (imagine!).

This kid, Michael, has read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. We talked about how much we loved to read books, and he said that I should start a book club at Rowe-Clark.

I wanted to kiss him on the face and thank him for being such a beautiful person. These moments are what make me keep going. I love my life.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm finally starting to have some really good days with my teaching and enjoy myself a bit. Things are coming around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats really awesome man. im really happy for you.

    ReplyDelete